If you’re a service-based business in New Zealand that wants to improve its SEO, you’ve come to the right place! This blog post will provide tips and tricks on optimising your website for search engines. But before we get started, let’s give some context on SEO. SEO is an acronym for Search Engine Optimisation. It’s a process of making your website more visible and easier to find through search engines like Google.
Defining SEO for service-based businesses
Improving Search Engine Optimization (SEO) aims to improve a website’s visibility and to rank in search engine results pages (SERPs), thereby driving more traffic to the site. The higher a site appears in SERPs, the more likely users are to click on it, and SEO consequently helps to boost website traffic. The SEO process for service-based businesses may differ from other types of companies. This is because service-based businesses typically don’t have an online product; their website’s goal should be to generate interest or leads from potential customers rather than sales. Suppose you want to optimise your website for SEO. In that case, there are a few things that service-based businesses should keep in mind:
- Use relevant keywords: service-based businesses should target keywords related to their business and location when choosing keywords. For example, an Auckland plumber would want to target keywords such as “plumber Auckland” or “Auckland plumbing”.
- Optimise your website for local search: in addition to targeting relevant keywords, service-based businesses should also optimize their website for local search. This can be done by including your business’s location in your title tags and meta descriptions and on your website’s contact page.
- Ensure your website is mobile-friendly: over half of all internet traffic derives from mobile devices, so your website must be optimised for mobile users. This means ensuring your site is responsive and easy to navigate on smaller screens.
- Use calls to action: Calls to action (CTAs) are vital to any website. However, they are significant for service-based businesses whose primary objective is generating leads or enquiries. Ensure your CTAs are visible and straightforward, inspiring users to contact you or request a quote.
- Incorporate testimonials and reviews: including testimonials and reviews from former clients can help to establish trust with potential customers and demonstrate that you’re a credible business worth doing business with. Put testimonials on your website and links to positive reviews from third-party sites like Google My Business.
Why SEO is important for service-based businesses
Customers use the internet to find businesses in their local area that can provide the services they need. You’re missing out on potential customers if your business doesn’t appear in search results. Service-based businesses should care about SEO because it:- Show up in search results when potential customers are looking for businesses like yours.- Attract customers from outside your local area- Make sure your blog posts are high quality and offer something unique that will set you apart from your competitors. Brand awareness and customer satisfaction can also be increased due to a well-optimized website. You can do a few things to improve your SEO and draw in more customers.
The benefits of good SEO for service-based businesses
Service-based businesses can reap a lot of advantages from good SEO. The most apparent one is that it can assist your business in ranking higher on search engine results pages (SERPs), which could result in more web traffic and better brand awareness. Good SEO can also make your website more user-friendly and engaging, two factors that could play into higher SERP rankings. Furthermore, good SEO can help you gain trust and credibility with potential and current customers, as well as help you expand your customer base.
How to improve your website’s SEO
If you don’t have a website, you can still do things to make your business more visible online. However, improving your SEO should be one of your top priorities if you have a website. After all, nearly half of all web traffic globally comes from search engines, and that number will only grow as more people get online. Use the following tips to improve your website’s SEO:
- Research your options before making any changes to your website; take the time to research and understand what Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) is and how it works. Unfortunately, many myths surround SEO and what does and doesn’t work. To avoid being misinformed, read Google’s Webmaster Guidelines. This is a great starting point.
- Ensure your website is mobile-friendly. With an increasing people using their smartphones and tablets to access the internet, your website must be optimized for mobile devices. Google has a “Mobile-Friendly Test” tool to determine if your website is mobile-friendly. If it isn’t, there are various ways to make it more so, such as employing responsive design or dynamic serving.
- Use titles and descriptions that are rich in keywords. People usually use keywords or phrases that describe what they’re looking for when they search online. So, if you want your website to appear in search results, ensure that your titles and descriptions include relevant keywords. However, beware of keyword stuffing—when someone crams so many keywords into their title or description, it becomes hard to read. Not only will this repel potential customers, but it could also get you penalized by Google.
- Enhance your website’s Content. Adding new and applicable content to your website regularly is one of the best ways to enhance its SEO. This includes blog posts, articles, product descriptions, etc., that contain the keywords you want to target. Not only will this improve your website’s ranking in search results, but it will also help maintain traffic since people will know they can always find new content.
Tips for improving your service-based business’s SEO
Depending on your specific business and service, some methods of improving your service-based business’s SEO may be more effective than others. Here are five tips you can use to enhance your service-based business’s SEO:
- Use keyword-rich titles and descriptions – To attract more traffic to your website, use keywords throughout your titles and descriptions.
- Optimize your website for local search – Ensure your website is optimized for local search by including pertinent keywords and location data.
- Create quality content – If you want to attract backlinks and improve your organic search ranking, regularly publish high-quality content on your website.
- Get the word out about your business and drive traffic to your website – Use social media, email marketing, and other promotional channels to promote your content.
- Keep an eye on your progress – Use analytics software to monitor your SEO progress, so you can make changes to your strategy as necessary and keep improving your results over time.
Measuring and tracking your SEO progress
You can use various methods to measure and monitor your SEO progress. The following are some essential metrics to keep an eye on:-Organic traffic: This is the number of people visiting your website from organic (unpaid) search results. You can follow organic traffic in Google Analytics.-Search engine rankings: Your website’s position in search engine results in pages (SERPs) for given keywords. You can use a tool like Ahrefs to monitor your ranking progress.-Backlinks: The number of links from other websites to your website is a crucial factor in SEO. You can use a tool like MozOpen Site Explorer to monitor your backlink profile.-Social Shares: Another way to SEO is by the number of social shares. This means how often your content is shared on Facebook, Twitter, and LinkedIn sites. You can use a tool like BuzzSumo to monitor social shares for your content.
Adjusting your SEO strategy as your business grows
If your service-based business in New Zealand begins to expand, you may need to change up your SEO strategy a bit. Here are some helpful tips:
- Monitor your main competitors and see what they are doing to improve their ranking on search engine results pages (SERPs). If they are targeting specific keywords or phrases, you might want to use them in your content.
- Optimize your website for mobile devices; SEO is becoming increasingly important. Use responsive design to ensure your content can be read easily on smaller screens.
- Another thing that can impact your ranking on SERPs is your website’s loading speed, so pay attention to that. Use tools like Google’s PageSpeed Insights to test your site’s speed and see where improvements need to be made.
- Produce new, high-quality content regularly that applies to your target audience. This might include blog posts, articles, infographics, etc. This will assist with SEO and encourage people to return to your site.
- Get the word out about your content through social media and other channels to reach a bigger audience. When promoting online, use relevant hashtags and target NZ-based users.
Hiring an SEO specialist
If you operate a service-based business in New Zealand, you’re likely familiar with search engine optimisation (SEO). Moreover, you probably understand that strong SEO is key to making your website visible to potential customers. But what is SEO, exactly? And how can you improve your SEO if you’re not a tech expert? This article will explore what SEO is and how businesses that provide services can improve their SEO to bring in more customers in New Zealand. SEO is optimizing a website for Google search to earn higher web traffic levels and improve the site’s visibility. SEO is making your website more visible and improving its ranking in search engine results pages (SERPs). The better your website ranks in SERPs, the more likely people will find and click on your site.SEO is essential for several reasons. It can help you attract more readers to your blog, and it can also help you rank higher in search engine results pages. This can lead to more traffic and more exposure for your blog. SEO is essential because it can help you increase traffic to your website. More people are likely to visit if your website is easy to find and use and has relevant high-quality content. Good SEO can also result in higher conversion rates (the percentage of visitors who take the desired action on your site, such as making a purchase or signing up for a newsletter). What are some ways I can improve my SEO? There are a few things you can do to better your SEO, such as:
- Creating content that is rich in keywords and high-quality.
- Making your website’s design and navigation more user-friendly.
- Ensuring your site is mobile-friendly.
- Creating links from other reputable websites to your site.
- Use social media to promote your content.
- Use guest posting or collaborate with other bloggers in your niche. Monitoring and evaluating your results so you can keep enhancing your SEO strategy in the future.